Thursday 31 January 2013

First proofs

This is the first proof of my front cover. I decided to use the black and white image with the highlights of pink as I think it is the most effective. The fact that the flowers are pink brings attention to them so highlights the girly image I am trying to create of my cover star. I made my masthead pink to relate to my target audience which is young girls and I made my main cover line in the same colour in order to relate the artist to the magazine. I then added more coverlines to make my magazine look more professional. I put these coverlines in the black and grey to keep it consistent and to distinguish the main cover line from the rest. I then added a barcode and put the date and price above it. I also embedded the web address into the masthead to make it less ovbious but still include it.

This relates to the codes and conventions task I did at the start of the year as it enabled me to look closer at the use of font styles and colours.

http://chloeoneill96.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/codes-and-conventions-task.html


This is the first proof of my contents page. I included all of the cover stories featured on the front cover and a few extra stories to fill out the magazine and make it seem more realistic. I added an image of the cover star to illustrate she is one of the main features in the magazine and to direct reader's to that article. I also added an image of the editor and a 'note' from her which is often what magazine do on a contents page.




This is the first proof of my double page spread. I made the left side of my page entirely an image of my cover star featured in the article in order to inform the reader who the article is about. I added the masthead on the right side in order to sustain the identity of the magazine. I used the big letter 'P' in order to highlight that the article is about the artist 'Pixie.' I kept the main font black so it is simple to read but made the the first small paragraph pink to sustain the girly feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment