Wednesday 6 February 2013

Improvements

























On my front cover, although none of my classmates said it needed improving, I decided to place the cover star over my masthead to show her importance which is what many magazines do. I also made my masthead bigger, making it fill the page from left to right in order to make it stand out more. I then changed my cover lines and made them bold to make them more visible. I also replaced the price and the issue of the magazine on top of the barcode as I thought it looked out of place before.

.

I didn't really like the draft of my contents page as I didn't think it looked professional. Some of my classmates said to add a border around the image of my cover star however I didn't think this looked right so I put the original image in with it's background and added another image of a concert. I also made the masthead smaller as before it was bigger than the one on the front cover which isn't right. I also made 'contents' bigger and the date in order to inform the reader more clearly what it is


I took on board the comments my classmates made and added text to the left side of my double page spread. I added a quote from the article which is what most magazines tend to do to entice the reader into reading the article.























On the right side of my double page spread, I realised some of the text in my article had been cut off so I had to re-size my text boxes and make the spacing between the text smaller. I also changed the layout by putting the web address at the end of the article to make it look neater and more professional as then all the text is lined up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment